- HP - HP stands for hit points or health points, and tabulates a player character's life. Damage to the character reduce hit points, and when the count is at 0, the player faints and cannot be used in battle unless revived. The standard replenishing items are Tonics, Mid Tonics and Full Tonics.
- MP - MP stands for magic points, and tabulate how much power a player character has to cast techs and spells. Some spells, for instance, require 10 magic points to be used. After the magic point count decreases below this number, these spells are no longer available. The standard replenishing items are Ethers, Mid Ethers, Full Ethers, and HyperEthers.
- POWER - Determines how much damage is done by physical attacks.
- SPEED - Determines how fast a character can take turns battling the enemy. It does not raise with level, though it can be increased through Speed Tabs.
- EVADE - Determines how often a character dodges an enemy attack.
- MAGIC - Determines how much damage is done with techs.
- STAMINA - Determines the basic defense of a character.
- MAGIC DEFENSE - Determines how much resistance a character has to magic attacks.
- BERSERK - Only attainable through equipping the Berserker, it multiplies a character's physical attack damage by 1.5 and cuts physical damage by 2/3.
- HASTE - Haste doubles a character's speed stat; this can be accomplished through the Haste tech or through wearing a Haste Helm.
- LIFELINE - Lifeline ensures that if a character dies in battle, he or she will be revived automatically. It can be accomplished through the triple tech of the same name or by wearing the GreenDream.
- SHIELD - Shield cuts physical damage by 2/3, and can be granted through a Shield.
- SERAPH - Only attainable through equipping the SeraphSong, it periodically recovers 5 MP for the wearer in battle.
- CHAOS - Chaos makes a character randomly attack enemies and friends physically. A star will appear above that character's head.
- DARKNESS - Darkness causes a character to miss more attacks than usual, and is signified by an X over the eyes.
- LOCK - A character inflicted by Lock cannot cast techs. Some monsters use the tech "Lock All", which prevents the entire party from using techs.
- POISON - Poison takes away HP with every turn in the battle until the character dies.
- SLEEP - Sleep prevents a character from doing anything until he or she wakes up.
- SLOW - Slow is the opposite of haste, and halves a character's speed.
- STOP - Stop freezes the character until the battle ends, and is signified by a clock above his or her head.