"Untitled Wittel Chapter"
- All hell breaks loose in Guardia due to the king's death, with Raqh's cult being sought out for extermination. Meanwhile the dying Frog gives Wittel his Hero's Medal, which Wittel doesn't feel he deserves, and there's thematic conversation. Frog also reveals that Leene is Wittel's mother and that he, under the name "Glenn," was the one who brought Wittel to Sensei's monastery in 590AG. Meanwhile Leene takes emergency control of the kingdom.
- Artemis believes she knows where Dalton may have gone based on some clue she learned while traveling with Dalton previously. She sets off to find him and Levantine, which is now the only hope of defeating Raqh and Gladus.
- Norstein Bekkler's medieval incarnation visits Wittel and informs him that Magus has just barely survived, also offering to show Wittel the way to him, and Wittel seizes this one last chance to save Frog. Alone for some reason, Wittel braves the raging battle in Truce with Frog on his back, following Bekkler all the way to Magus, who lies on the beach of a small island just off the coast of North Zenan.
- Wittel confronts Magus with Frog and they end up discussing dreams. Something Wittel says reminds him of what Beck told young Janus at the end of his life, about how beautiful it feels to help others fulfill their dreams. Magus finally agrees to reverse Frog's amphibian curse, just as Frog seems to be drawing his last breath. Human Glenn appears to be cured of the virus.
- There's an environmental disturbance outside whatever grotto Wittel, Glenn, and Magus are in, and when they investigate they find Dream Schala laying outside. Magus literally thinks Schala's been freed from the Dream Devourer somehow.