Author Topic: Chrono Crisis - An abandoned Chrono fangame soundtrack  (Read 2519 times)

RoeTaKa

• Iokan (+1)
  • Composer
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Chrono Crisis - An abandoned Chrono fangame soundtrack
« on: April 14, 2012, 10:57:48 am »
Chrono Crisis Soundtrack - 328MB, 96 Tracks, 4 hours of music.

Many years ago a small team of us were working on a fan sequel to Chrono Trigger which was sadly discontinued for several reasons between the team. We learned a lot from the process and it pushed us in new directions. Our new team is working on something else now but we have been keeping it in the dark for some time and do not intend to publicly address it officially until a later date.

Chrono Crisis didn't manage to get far in terms of completion but a few of us had a lot of fun doing our parts. This soundtrack is not completed but I do not intend to add or work on it further. In retrospect it wasn't as well thought out as it should have been for its size and because of the setting and characters it probably doesn't sound much like the Chrono games. There are some Chrono remixes however. It has been sitting on my hard drive for a long time and I figured I'd upload it for anyone that is interested in hearing it.

This was about 6 years ago so the quality is no where near my current standards but I think there's much to enjoy. Anyone interested in what happened with the project can find some information here: http://chrono.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Chrono_Crisis I'm sure if you google it you'll find out some more.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Crisis - An abandoned Chrono fangame soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 11:14:52 am »
I've been wanting to hear this for a few years, so I appreciate the upload. It is a shame that the project ended the way it did, in a more innocent time it seemed like Chrono Crisis and Crimson echoes could have been competitive buddies if they'd ever been truly completed.

Anyway, downloading now. I'm looking forward to taking a listen here.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 01:56:58 pm »
Oh wow, the entire soundtrack. I remember hearing some tracks on YouTube but could never find them elsewhere. Thanks for the upload!

Beach Bum

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 04:20:00 am »
Wow, this is amazing. No matter what anyone says, I think you've really captured that "Chrono" mood. Well done.

It's a shame what happened with Chrono Crisis, and later with Chrono Ark... I remember seeing Chains of Fate's idea for the first time years ago, when he was still using that brownish colored logo, and I was so excited.

RoeTaKa

• Iokan (+1)
  • Composer
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 02:49:46 pm »
Thanks for the kind comments you guys.

It was a shame when Crisis came to an end there was a lot of drama and worry especially with what happened to Crimson Echoes. But I think it was for the best at the time, it certainly was not a waste of time.

I'm not sure how aware anyone is of Chrono Ark but it hasn't been properly announced and it hasn't properly discontinued either.