Author Topic: Musica Ludi Report on Mitsuda Interview  (Read 6945 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Musica Ludi Report on Mitsuda Interview
« on: December 07, 2011, 04:50:38 pm »
From Yasunori Mitsuda's Facebook page: The French site Musica Ludi published a report of the interview Yasunori Mitsuda had with the magazine Famitsu.

Turns out Mitsuda is working on three projects: one which has been announced, a second with a "great creator," and a third which is still a secret. Any guesses? I can't find the original interview, but here is the report by Musica Ludi: http://musicaludi.fr/6934

Jormungand

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Musica Ludi Report on Mitsuda Interview
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:13:19 pm »
Turns out Mitsuda is working on three projects: one which has been announced, a second with a "great creator," and a third which is still a secret. Any guesses? I can't find the original interview, but here is the report by Musica Ludi: http://musicaludi.fr/6934
Hmmm... Interesting.

Well, we know that Mitsuda's current focus is the Chrono Cross arranged album. That's project #1.

"Great creator"? Hopefully the creator in question is Tetsuya Takahashi, and the project in question is either the Wii U or 3DS game that Monolith Soft is currently developing. This would make the most sense since Mitsuda has worked on several Takahashi projects, and Takahashi is certainly someone who has been called a "great creator".

The "secret project" obviously could be anything. A game, anime, or perhaps a second Xenogears orchestral album.

Don't expect anything Chrono-related. Square is so self-absorbed with FFXIII spinoffs as well as a new action RPG (which is being developed by Product Development Division 1, therefore it will be terrible), there's really no chance.

Whatever the projects are, hopefully they will have a stronger Mitsuda presence. The last full-length RPG score he did (by himself) was Soma Bringer (a Takahashi production) and the Inazuma Eleven games (the third of which featured other composers, and the anime of which is now being taken over by a different composer).

Anyway, I'm trying to think of other upcoming high-profile RPGs. Konami is making Frontier Gate (with tri-Ace), and while the main town music is reminiscent of Mitsuda, it's not his work. There's also a new Suikoden DS game in the works, but that will surely be headed once again by Norikazu Miura and another fleet of freelance composers just like they did with Tierkreis.

There's also Level-5's many upcoming games. Time Travelers is an action game of some type and its producer is Akihiro Hino. Guild01 is a compilation of four games including an RPG by Yasumi Matsuno (although we're already pretty certain Hitoshi Sakimoto will be handling the music). There's also Girl's RPG, Fantasy Life, and a Gundam RPG (Mitsuda has done a few vocal themes for more recent entries in the franchise). Mitsuda, of course, was the driving force behind Inazuma Eleven's music for many years, so he obviously has a good working relationship with Level-5.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:15:07 pm by Jormungand »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:15:20 pm »
Thanks for the find.

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 02:32:03 am »
Yeah, I dunno. I guess the announced one must be either the Chrono Cross album or the next Inazuma Eleven game... the other two could be literally anything. There are plenty of people who could be labeled "great creators". I'll just be happy to see another 100% Mitsuda soundtrack. We haven't had one of those since, what, Deep Labyrinth?

Jormungand

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 05:43:34 pm »
I'll just be happy to see another 100% Mitsuda soundtrack. We haven't had one of those since, what, Deep Labyrinth?
Inazuma Eleven 2 (2009), and possibly Lime Odyssey (we don't know if anyone assisted Mitsuda with it).

There's also Treasure Report (2011), we're not sure about other composers' involvement.