Author Topic: Crimson Echoes leaked  (Read 54163 times)

CelestialPhantasm

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Echoes leaked
« Reply #210 on: December 04, 2011, 07:53:19 am »
Please excuse me late replies. I have only just recently started concerning myself with these matters.

...I don't get it.  If they're trying to keep his speech "formal" or attempting to stick with the original English translation, then why didn't they stick with the "thou" and "thee" stuff instead of just inserting "ye" everywhere?  I'm no linguist, but wouldn't "Thou belongst in the castle...  Thy true home and where thou'st needed most." sound better and more like Frog's original speech than what they have, which is essentially "YE YE YE YE YE YE" ??  "Ye true home" doesn't even make grammatical sense.  "You true home" ?

/English major blather

"...where thou art needed most" would be correct, if I am not mistaken. I tried Flames of Eternity because I wanted a version of CE with human Glenn, but it was horribly executed. Aside from the linguistic catastrophe, which makes Ted Woosely's work with the character look good, the added sprites are terrible. Running Glenn looks more like he is limping swiftly and his victory pose is an abomination.

And yes, no mention is made in the introduction of the Crimson Echoes team, despite the majority of the game having been left the same... The only other change which I noticed in my short time with FoE was a return to the terms of the original north american release such as "shadow" instead of "dark". The person behind this project is obviously a narrow-minded, ignorant, uncultured north-american who shows respect neither for the spirit of the original japanese text and the quality of the original game, nor for the work of the CE-team.

Black_Chocobo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2013, 05:46:57 pm »
Event and mapfixes are almost all DONE. Next up is some heavy graphical rework on the titlescreen and other titbits.

Also a new balance of the monsters is planned (and already patchy done) to make the game more like challenging but fun. And of course another betarun to find the less obvious bugs created by the many things we fixed and remade for the game.

Here's one of the fixed maps of the destroyed Ocean Palace to show off the new style of those maps and keep you guys exited :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2013, 02:30:29 pm »
Wait. So are you fixing up Crimson Echoes or something? Just curious. :)

Black_Chocobo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2013, 09:48:01 am »
Check page 13 of this thread ;)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 14, 2013, 07:43:17 pm »
Ah, yes! I had forgotten. Granted, is has been quite some time... Glad to see the project is still silently chugging away.

TheMinister

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2013, 01:11:33 am »
And yes, no mention is made in the introduction of the Crimson Echoes team, despite the majority of the game having been left the same...

Actually, in FoE, if you start a "new game" rather than "new game +", the authors mention that Zeality and the rest of the original team wrote the bulk of this. All the new authors did was a fair bit of cleanup to make it fully playable, and add the multiple endings back in. I was kinda weirded out at first too  :x, believe me, because I remember the earlier versions had a big "thank you" to the original team for all their hard work at the beginning.

It's only that the latest versions have the save slots full of max level characters, so if you don't clear them and start a new game, you don't see the intro message.

Speaking of, huge huge thanks to the original team from me as well- I played through the beta before it got taken down, and loved every minute of it. Thanks for all your hard work, and I'm sorry that you weren't able to completely finish. Even so, we still got a cut diamond that had yet to be polished, nevertheless retaining its beauty. As opposed to a glistening, sparkling official release, such as the original two games.

The only other change which I noticed in my short time with FoE was a return to the terms of the original north american release such as "shadow" instead of "dark". The person behind this project is obviously a narrow-minded, ignorant, uncultured north-american who shows respect neither for the spirit of the original japanese text and the quality of the original game, nor for the work of the CE-team.

:lol:, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... the only way to REALLY make sure we're not uneducated foreign devils from North America, would be to just have all games in their original languages from now on. That's the only way that the infidel languages will not pervert the true messages within our holy texts. Everything in Japanese from now on!

Or better yet, perhaps we should put everything in the original traditional Chinese characters that the Japanese characters are nearly identical to, and the language is based on...
   :wink:

TheMinister

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2013, 01:36:53 am »
Hahahaha. You know, it's funny; I'm also this guy.

And thanks. I guess you're right. I should be doing homework right now at 5:46am instead of worrying about this anyway.

You sir are a man after my own heart. And I salute you.  8)

(so after definitely not looking for or playing the CE beta for fear of awakening the SE guardians that sleep beneath, I have to conclude that it IS better than FoE. Mayhap I have a different opinion that some others here, who seem to have been slighted by the FoE creators, but I didn't feel that FoE was all that disrespectful to the CE guys. Though at this point I fear I must withdraw from that argument, because it almost sounds like a family feud I'm best not involved in. When I first definitely didn't find or play it, the posts on the various sites definitely not linked to it all seemed grateful and thankful for the original team's sweat, blood and tears)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2013, 02:21:29 pm »
Hahahaha. You know, it's funny; I'm also this guy.

And thanks. I guess you're right. I should be doing homework right now at 5:46am instead of worrying about this anyway.

You sir are a man after my own heart. And I salute you.  8)

(so after definitely not looking for or playing the CE beta for fear of awakening the SE guardians that sleep beneath, I have to conclude that it IS better than FoE. Mayhap I have a different opinion that some others here, who seem to have been slighted by the FoE creators, but I didn't feel that FoE was all that disrespectful to the CE guys. Though at this point I fear I must withdraw from that argument, because it almost sounds like a family feud I'm best not involved in. When I first definitely didn't find or play it, the posts on the various sites definitely not linked to it all seemed grateful and thankful for the original team's sweat, blood and tears)

Cool! I didn't find or play the two projects either, and may or may not completely agree with you. :lol:

Really, I did get a chance to play both, and I just prefer the original, warts and all. It's like preferring a classic song over a polished cover, it is what it is and that's part of the beauty of the thing.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being vague. I'm actually really trying to be specific. How about this, it's like Star Wars. The original version and the special editions. I, like most, prefer the originals because I saw nothing so wrong with them that it warranted a huge amount of changes or "fixes". However, I have nothing against the special editions or FoE existing, they're just not for me. :)

Anyway, that's just one guy's opinion.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2013, 02:57:34 pm »
Well FoE would be like Star Wars VII if Disney were to add a retarded George Lucas cameo to it.

Black_Chocobo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2013, 06:55:44 pm »
The progress to the final build still goes strong.
Please leave me some thoughts on the new title screen, is the color of echoes fine or should we stick to another one to make the titlescreen more different from Chrono Trigger (we already changed the palette of the "Chrono"). Lightblue would be a contrast color to brown... We need some good feedback like last time to make it perfect! :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2013, 11:16:14 pm »
If it's possible, I'd love to see see the Chrono Trigger logo remain, with Crimson Echoes as a subtitle. I don't think that's doable, though, so I'll give feedback to what you have.

-The Echoes font looks a little weird. Do you have the text moving at all, or is it a static image?
-I like the nod to Zeality. Don't give him all the credit, though, it wasn't just him! Maybe you could credit it to Kajar Laboratories (which is now defunct due to the Cease and Desist), or perhaps your own moniker?
-Great job of the "Crimson" and matching it to Chrono Trigger's "Chrono."

Also, you should start your own thread somehow. It seems weird to keep seeing updates in this thread. Just a thought.

Black_Chocobo

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2013, 11:42:32 am »
Echoes is waving, just like "Trigger" in the original titlecreen of CT.

The "Trigger" appears to be the exact same font like the "Chrono" but very deformed. I used photoshop, wrote "Echoes" with the same font and strechted and waved it to be deformed as near as possible the same way like the the original "Trigger". Afterwards I made it very pixelated and tried to redraw the sprites as good as possible by hand. The E and S at the end make me think though, because they somehow dont "fit into the flow" of the logo. another thing which is different to the original trigger is, that the edges are rounded a little bit and you look at the font from a top-down-left position, so you will se the darker sides of the characters on the bottom and the left. I kinda like it, but if many people say it does not fit to the font it can be changed.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2013, 09:45:58 pm »
I think that looks fantastic!

mondaybasil

« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2013, 04:08:24 pm »
Any updates?