Author Topic: Overwold event editing  (Read 1456 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Overwold event editing
« on: May 21, 2006, 02:49:07 pm »
I've experimented a bit with overworld cutscene editing, and I've found something... not spectacular, but which hopefully could still be useful. From a location, it shows the world map then returns to a location (not necessarily the same one). I did this with the 600 AD map, but there are probably similar codes in the other eras.

In the location events, put this where you want:

- BitMath 7F01F8 Bit 1 Set
- Change the location to {1F1} Middle Ages

When triggered, this will switch to a view of Hero's Grave on the world map, then teleports the party to the End of Time (I think normally this scene plays when Gaspar tells you about the Cyrus side-quest). If you don't put a ChangeLocation, the scene will still shows when you walk out of the room.

To change the scene (just a bit), you can do this:

In the Middle Ages overworld events, look at [0B0A] (look at the attachment also):

- 7E00E3 and 7E00E5 are the X coordinate (one for Layer1 and one for Layer2)
- 7E00E7 and 7E00E9 are the Y coordinate (one for Layer1 and one for Layer2)
- [0B2C] is the duration of the scene (in whatever unit of time)

I have no idea about the other commands, and no idea about how to put sprites in the scene (I've looked at the scene in 2,300AD with the scrapped Robo but the code is much longer).

I hope I'm not stating what everybody already knows or something.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 05:37:41 pm by Chrono'99 »

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Overwold cutscene... just a small stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 06:43:16 pm »
well i didn't know about it... did you look up the events in both overworld and locations, from what I have exsperienced they like to hide things from us. (The Dream Team that is...)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Overwold event editing
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 05:55:37 pm »
Here's a few things I figured out while messing with the Truce-Porre Ferry code:

Command2E seems to be a movement command. Param 1 is the speed of the movement. Param 2 and Type indicate the direction. Examples of settings for Param 2 and Type:

...,0,0 -> right
...,0,1 -> down
...,FFFF,0 -> left
...,FFFF,1 -> up

This makes the screen scroll or the sprite move without stopping, except if something like Command31 makes it stop.

Command31 is a timer (dunno in which unit of time). If the command is used in a part that corresponds to the whole screen, Type must be 1. If it's in the part of an object, Type must be 0.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 05:58:42 pm by Chrono'99 »