Author Topic: Attack types  (Read 1956 times)

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Attack types
« on: August 11, 2005, 04:15:42 pm »
After a bit of tracing, I found out where the game decides which character has long range attacks (bows, guns) or has close up atatacks (swords,scythes). This data is surrounded by other data I haven't looked at just yet, but you can still make Ayla fire away from a distance, or Lucca run up to an enemy and smash them when you choose Attack.

CD4001 - Marle's Attack byte.
CD4007 - Crono's Attacy byte.

You can change these bytes to other values for player techs as well, though not all work. Value 33 is fun to use. :)

There are other factors, like Marle using a close up attack anyway when a monster is close to her, and the characters using a critical hit attack sometimes, so these are just their normal attack bytes. I'll expand more on this soon, I have no internet for the time being.

Choosing a value of 01 or 03 for Marle is hilarious! She runs up to an enemy, shoots them at close range, and then smacks them with the but of her gun right after. :)

Also, while I'm here, I found out how to change each of the character's menu Element graphic. Change Crono to Fire, or Shadow, etc..

C2A2C6 - Crono
C2A2C7 - Marle
C2A2C8 - Lucca
C2A2C9 - Frog
C2A2CA - Robo
C2A2CB - Magus

I just got my internet connection back, so I'll check these offsets when I get back tonight. :)

-edit-
now that I think about it, Schala would be better off as a long distance fighter in CE than a physical fighter with daggers or something, she could hold out her arms and magic blast the enemies.

I think the effect used for long distance attacks is dependant on the weapon you are holding, so swords would give sword slashes flying across the screen (a cool effect anyway).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Attack types
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 04:24:11 pm »
I will duly add these to the Modification encyclopedia, unless you beat me to it.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Attack types
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 04:26:46 pm »
Sometime tonight or tommorow, AIM me and walk me through adding to the encyclopedia, I'd be afraid of erasing everything. >_>

Samurai Quan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Attack types
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 10:33:53 pm »
Change Crono's attack byte to value FF, it's hilarious.
I call it "The Stare of Death!" :evil: lol.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Attack types
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 10:42:25 am »
I maybe hosting a video thing soon but anyways, the People i used were Crono Marle Frog for this stuff.  It changes for each character I soon found out >.<.  But yeah, it's quite interesting.  I'll probably host the ones that I don't recognize...And I think i may have found some unused sound affect but who knows.