Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Unglued - Episode 24: "Those Freaky Monsters"  (Read 3814 times)

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
Chrono Trigger Unglued - Episode 24: "Those Freaky Monsters"
« on: November 12, 2014, 06:03:37 am »
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/648564

Crono and Company - while en route to Arris Dome - have to first go through Site-16, wherein Crono bumps into a "Furry Whiskered Spawn of Satan". This rude rat promptly makes off with all of Crono's precious Ethers, forcing him to chase down the vermin in order to retrieve his sweet-sweet MP restoring drugs. Unfortunately it seems that the smelly people back in the last dome they visited forgot to tell the gang a few things about this location, and Crono is now about to have a rather unpleasant run in with the undead.

Yeah, that took way too damn long to make... didn't it?

What have I learned? I have learned that collaborating with people can be a lot of fun, but it can also be a pure nightmare if you collaborate with too many of them all at once. I am really sorry that this took so long to make, and certain people won't ever be helping with CTU again going forward.

Anyways, here is the 24th episode - thusly keeping Cryo's dream still alive - that I hope you will all enjoy. The 25th episode - which Sunrie, of "Captain R: The Game Ranger" fame, will be helping me make - is hopefully going to be out far more quickly than this particular episode was. In fact, I think you just might find this next episode to be a "Thriller."

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Unglued - Episode 24: "Those Freaky Monsters"
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 05:39:23 pm »
AHHH! Worth the wait <3

Nyan-Catalack! :D

Loved the animation of Gaspar powering up! And the art for the rat stealing the ethers was perfect- Crono's face!!

The dialogue was beautiful, loved all the call-backs to past episodes and my favorite line would have to be: "you furry little whiskered spawn of Satan, you get the f*** back here right now!' - good choice to have this part out-loud I laughed so hard!

Can't wait for episode 25!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 05:46:42 pm by TheMage »

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
Re: Chrono Trigger Unglued - Episode 24: "Those Freaky Monsters"
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 06:27:40 pm »
I'm personally honored that you enjoyed Episode 24 so much! With so much time spent on just one episode, I began to worry that none of it would ever be appreciated by the time it was finally released. Additionally, I'll pass on your praise - regarding the custom artwork - to the people most responsible for those parts.

Finally, I can assure you that the script for Episode 25 is already in active production.