Author Topic: Wanna Get Things Lively  (Read 1094 times)

Jowy Avilon

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Wanna Get Things Lively
« on: September 21, 2014, 10:43:51 am »
Hello everyone! New to the site but big time lover of the Chrono series. I came across the Compendium due to, we'll say, random research into certain things involving it and have done a lot of deep reading of the compendium of late. Anyway, after that I came to the forums wanting to get more involved in the community and have to say, I am disappointed by the lack of activity there seems to be around here these days in a lot of the boards and would love to see things get lively here again. How possible that is, I dunno, but I think it's a great place here and a good place to start.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Wanna Get Things Lively
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 10:33:02 pm »
Welcome, Jowy! Glad to have you here.

You're right that we're lacking in the activity department. Nature of the game, I suppose, in not having new material to talk about.

I still check in periodically, as I'm sure a handful of others do as well. Feel free to strike up a new discussion or simply chat in the general board. I'll help with any questions you may have.

Jowy Avilon

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 11:37:38 pm »
Yeah, it's unfortunate that there is never any news regarding the Chrono series =( I think the only news of anything Chrono related in a long time has been what, the port Trigger to DS, the C&D on Crimson Echoes, and the trademark of Chrono Break that went defunct. I consider Chrono Trigger my #1 fave game of all above all others even though sadly ive actually not played the DS port x.x But I digress. News or not, I think the Chrono series is always worth discussing in form or another which is why I was bummed to see a lack of activity.

Hopefully, if nothing else, I can get something at least going with the thread.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 06:11:56 pm »
We can always hope. I'm still expecting a Theatrhythm Chrono game to be announced since its producer, Ichiro Hazama, has expressed interest in branching out to other franchises. Theatrhythm itself is a popular game, from what I can tell.

Jowy Avilon

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 06:43:25 pm »
One of these days I need to play Theatrhythm, I have never even owned, but I will get to it, eventually  8) A Theatrhythm Chrono game would be interesting to see though, even if for no reason it would be a Chrono game and would hopefully be a stepping stone to show Square there is still interest in the series and maybe get them motivated to make a new series entry, perhaps an interqual between Trigger or Cross or a sequel after Cross that would hopefully answer a lot of the questions we have involving both the Trigger and Cross games.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:46:28 pm by Jowy Avilon »