Author Topic: Video Games LIVE concert featured music from CT/CC  (Read 4750 times)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Video Games LIVE concert featured music from CT/CC
« on: June 22, 2014, 04:46:55 pm »
This is over 10 days old... but if someone would like to archive this, or if we have an area where we archive news like this and/or a kind soul would like to point me in that direction...

Anywho...

There was a Video Games Live concert in LA, California during E3 2014, and they supposedly had music from both CT and CC

http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=e32014

Check the third hyphen from the bottom: (quoted here below)

- Also performing Shadow of the Colossus, Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VIII, Castlevania AND MANY MORE!!

I will see if I can dig up more information on this, or what tracks were featured.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Video Games LIVE concert featured music from CT/CC
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:33:19 pm »
Slight update...

I was unsuccessful in finding the music that was used, but The Entity has given us an amazing gift! There will be a VGL concert in my hometown at the end of the year. I plan to attend and share with everyone what tracks from Chrono are used and how everything went. Maybe I'll write up a story and post it for all you spoony bards.

To check if you have a concert coming near you, click the link below:

http://videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates

Nangbaby

• Porrean (+50)
  • Frankenspriter at Large
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 08:36:00 pm »
I've been to VGL in years past and I can confirm that Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross music was featured in the times I attended.  Basically it was the opening of Chrono Chross and an orchestral rendition of Frog's theme, standard stuff.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 12:29:58 am »
Ahoy you spoony bards!

I recently just got out of the Video Games Live concert here in Rochester, NY - it was an absolutely thrilling experience. Although this topic is several months old, I just want to update and say that I'll be preparing a little something special for the news section. Yes! and I did not forget :D

I took some pictures too, although recordings and devices were not allowed during the performance (for obvious reasons). Please look forward to it very soon!