Author Topic: Don't know where to post this....Piano Collections?  (Read 5532 times)

drumboardist

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Don't know where to post this....Piano Collections?
« on: December 25, 2013, 01:06:55 am »
Hey y'all, so...I'm new to the site.  (Don't know how I haven't found this place until NOW, but...here I am.  Hello.)  Anywho, I'm not sure where to post this (Fan Art?), so I'm posting it here....?  I've been slowly grinding through all of the music from the game on piano (only 'bout 15 songs to go, 5 of 'em I don't have committed to memory, the other 10 I can't get even *passable* recordings), and was wondering if there was any interest into the work?  I am NOT stellar by any stretch of the imagination, just...looking for feedback, I guess.  The vast majority of my friends have no clue about this game (and the ones that I did get to play it were thoroughly wowed by it...but didn't remember the music well enough to even recognize what I was doing on piano).

So yeah.  Feel free to shoot me in the face or something.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6YAgNXbU2IT9Y4ZBgt-VK9gZWiQbJ-qr 

jessen22

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Don't know where to post this....Piano Collections?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 01:45:12 am »
I tend to love anything that's rendered in solo piano. I think these are really great. Thanks for sharing them here.
The recording quality isn't good, but you have to work with what you have. I enjoyed how you went out of your way in songs like Gato's Theme (and far out of your way in  A Strange Happening) to make it entertaining as a piano piece, and you even included track 14. Heh.
Thanks again for posting these. I look forward to what you might yet upload - edit - even in 2019.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 05:52:29 pm by jessen22 »

drumboardist

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Don't know where to post this....Piano Collections?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 01:06:32 pm »
Thanks, cap'n.  Aside from the obvious missteps here an' there (not, you know, "mistakes", which sometimes are fortuitous and worthy of keeping on the track -- actual "dagnabbit that sounded *bad*" parts)...any thoughts?  Notes?  I know there are certain tracks that the CT community absolutely love more than most (Secret of the Forest, Corridors of Time, Schala, Battle with Magus, Wind Scene) that I have...either not attempted yet, or simply butchered...anything you wanna throw at me before I attempt re-records with my keyboard?  (Piano died, now recording with an 88 weighted Casio that sounds...pretty reasonable, plus I can DI it for higher-quality sound -- check out "Sealed Door" for reference.)