Author Topic: DS NG+ difficulty  (Read 935 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
DS NG+ difficulty
« on: January 17, 2013, 10:16:42 pm »
I recently tried New Game+ to get more endings. For the second and third endings, Lucca's right telepod is involved. There's supposed to be a sparkle or something to indicate I can fight Lavos, but there is none and mashing A while walking around it and on it does nothing.

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: DS NG+ difficulty
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 04:39:41 pm »
The straight-to-Lavos teleporter gate should be available immediately upon being granted access to the square. The "flickering" graphic effect, which is fairly small to begin with, only happens about every five seconds. It isn't a constant shimmering, like what is often shown with key items or interaction points. It can be rather easy to overlook if one doesn't know precisely where to lock one's gaze.

At any rate, walking to the back wall of the right-hand teleporter pad and pressing the "Interact" button (default is A) should open the gate and start the final boss battle. If it doesn't, there's something amiss.

Are you certain you chose New Game + from the main menu and not the standard New Game? Double check Crono's stats before you attempt to open the gate, and make sure his level reflects the fact that the game has been played through once before; that it's not in the 1-3 range.

@ forum: Are there any circumstances in NG+ in which that gate would not be accessible? Every time I've played NG+, it's been there, right from the start.  :?

Sameenajee1

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • www.getfireplan.com
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 07:28:45 am »
Interesting point of view.Thanks for the post.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 02:30:36 pm »
Resolved..... I'm embarassed to admit the cause but I found out the answer.