Author Topic: [DONE][500] What is this merchandise? (CT and CC sold together)  (Read 4374 times)

Gikkman

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
[DONE][500] What is this merchandise? (CT and CC sold together)
« on: January 01, 2013, 09:38:33 am »
Hi.

This is my first post here.

I created an account to be able to ask about this item I recently purchased.  I am quite intrigued about it since the info about it is so scarce.

I have no real information about where this box comes from. The one I bought it from claims it's some kind of promo-box people got for buying Chrono Cross att FAMILYMART in Japan but I can't seem to find anything that confirms this. Please, does anyone know anything about this? I've been combing the internet for further info.
I know there is an old thread on this board that talks about a similar item, but it contained no information of use.

Thanks in advance // Gikkman
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 02:12:05 am by ZeaLitY »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Chrono Memorial?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 09:45:53 am »
Weird; I've never seen that. So it contains both Trigger and Cross...I wasn't aware they were ever packaged and sold together. I may need to add identification of this to our Great To-do List. Thanks for showing us.

Gikkman

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Memorial?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:01:41 pm »
No problems. I'm just a bit curious about what I've bought and I thought this is probably the place to ask :-)

wizzy0807

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: [500] What is this merchandise? (CT and CC sold together)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 03:37:17 pm »
Still unidentified? This was sold online by auction a few years back: http://akiba-market.com/catalog/product/view/id/27716/. You can view a different photo there. It is described as: "This is a special promotional set with both games.The ''NOT FOR SALE'' mention is on the box." A blog entry described Chrono Memorial as a promotion gift for a "DigiCube" pre-order? (http://geocities.yahoo.co.jp/gl/mogu_573/view/200602). Perhaps this box only available to wholesalers of DigiCube-distributed Square products?

The items themselves look like partially repackaged products. The UPC on Chrono Trigger, if my eyes are sharp enough, is 4961012997060, which is identical to the original Japanese PS release. Likewise, I get 4961012997077 for Chrono Cross, also identical to the original release. Seems like the discs were newly pressed and designed as vols. 1 and 2 of the box set, but the jewel cases, manuals, and jewel case "spine slips" look like reproductions of original PS releases.

Hard to tell what that white disc is... A soundtrack maybe?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: [500] What is this merchandise? (CT and CC sold together)
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:41:52 pm »
Ah, interesting. That helps a lot. I'll get this in the next update.