Author Topic: Sir Crono Facts  (Read 7529 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Sir Crono Facts
« on: April 21, 2011, 02:13:12 pm »
Everybody knows Crono's adventures here at the Compendium, and I take it that the simplest way to describe it would be, "Punk haired kid with a Katana he stole from god-knows-whom travels through time with his friends, learns magic and saves the world." But that's just from our perspective. But the biggest questions any writer would ask would be what does the story look like from the eyes of the characters within it? Some people know what's going on, some people are involved in it, some be bystanders doing nothing but walking at the same spot 24/7.

And here I ask what the mindset of the people in the Middle Ages would be. They never knew what Time Travel was, and they never knew if there was such a thing as awesome as Science. All they knew was that if they left their houses demons would attack them, climb their windows, snatching their people up, so they gotta hide their kids, hide their wife, husbands, parents, grandparents, etc. and there was nobody they could trust. The Fiendlord waged war upon all humanity, a war against light and all that's good. People coward in fear, but one brave warrior and his trusty squire stood up to the demons with a Take Me To Your Leader attitude. They fought their way, showed their worth, and turned the tables. Alas, the warrior died, the people lost all hope and the Fiendlord banged his chest and laughed, "Ima heerow, durr huurr hurrr!"

But then a miracle happened: The Fiendlord was defeated, and the demons fled to whence they came. 'Twas none other than the squire Glenn who took up the sword of the fallen, but it didn't end there. The person, who played a major role in the war, was whom they called Sir Crono of Guardia. Nobody knew who this elusive, mysterious hero was and whence he came, except that this punk-haired messiah appeared from the heavens when darkness conquered, brought them light, and vanished without a trace. This immortal angel was there in the decisive war against the Reptites 65000000 years ago, and he also saw through the fall of a majestic kingdom till the end. And all the people knew that a time will come, when the sky becomes their destruction, when a great monster appears from the abyss threatening to send the planet into an apocalyptic wasteland, when all hope is lost, Sir Crono will come and deliver his judgement before that happens. In his Fourth Coming, he shall defeat the Demon of Abyss called Lavos with a single swing of his Flaming/Rainbow Sword, then shall hold his hands high and call for Light (aka Luminaire), and all will be light again.

The story of this Holy Adventurer has been passed down since the Middle Ages in forms of paintings, poetry, books, plays, and especially (popular among the kids), the heroic retelling of Sir Crono Facts.

So tell us how the legends of Sir Crono may have passed around throughout the Middle Ages! Here are a few examples:
In the Fourth Day since the universe began, when the God of War called Spekkio called him Punk-Head, Sir Crono pointed at him and said, "Let there be Lightning!" And all was good. And fried.

Sir Crono's power level is indeed Over 9000. He just prefers to be modest about it.

Sir Crono doesn't need to speak. His sword does all the talking.

Once Belthasar asked Sir Crono to turn him off. Sir Crono did and accepted his Time Machine. As a thank you deed, Sir Crono went back in time and let Belthasar live.

Sir Crono doesn't need a Holy Sword like the Masamune. After a decisive battle in the Middle Ages, the Fiendlord disappeared, too afraid to show his face.

Sir Crono has never lost a battle ever since the Universe began. Ask his legendary hair that is tainted with blood of all that is evil.

Sir Crono beat THE MAN in a bike race. And then took his bike.

Sir Crono's apostles would never deceive him. Not even Magus, even though he was dared to do so.

Sir Crono can kill demons before they are born.

Sir Crono can beat the argument, "TWO CAMELS IN A TINY CAR!"

Nobody can control Time. But Sir Crono has Time under control.

Sir Crono met Bruce Lee, Einstein, Santa Claus, Nikola Tesla, and all great people of the past. And they were good!

According Sir Crono, love in first sight does happen. Lady Nadia, who he never knew, took one look at him. And fell in love.

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
Re: Sir Crono Facts
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 06:33:17 pm »
 :D This post is so Epic! I love your idea.

Sir Crono can destroy entire kingdoms to oblivion and reduce them to myths, ask Zeal about it.

Scientists say reptites were killed by a giant meteor. Truth is Sir Crono is the one that killed the reptites AND the meteor.

The dimensional split was not caused by Serge's death. It was Sir Crono who was practicing with his sword one day and accidentally tore appart time and space with one stroke.

The entity didn't do it. Sir Crono did it.

( :picardno mine are so lame... I need to think about more when my brain is not dead)

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 07:39:41 pm »
(Awesome perspective and awesome idea, tushantin.)

If your lunch mysteriously disappears, you know Sir Crono is near.

Play nice, or Sir Crono will alter your family history and MAKE you nice.

Sir Crono can raise the dead and kill them again.

Sir Crono discovered it before Toma.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:23:10 pm »
I like it, but I don't get the Sir part. He was never knighted.

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 11:41:33 pm »
Meh. Who cares?

Superman checks under his bed for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Sir Crono.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 12:54:22 am »
Heh, let me join in...

Sir Crono was the one who planned the events of CC, he just didn't felt like doing it himself and left Belthazar with the task of doing so.

Porre didn't in fact conquer Guardia, it was the other way around; Sir Crono just took pity on them and decided to use their name for the unified nation.

Sir Crono actually left a duplicate doll beforehand in the Ocean Palace events. But in order to divert attention, he had to keep the party in the dark until they made the 'real' switch, and he played along.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 12:57:54 am »
Sir Crono is the one Schala's really looking for.

Who's this Serge bitch?

:P

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 02:06:59 am »
Sir Crono was always able to use magic, he waited until he met Spekkio because he knew the world was not yet ready for his awesome power.

The Frozen Flame is actually a piece of Sir Crono fiery punk hair.

The Time Devourer actually let Serge win. The Time Devourer knew that if he killed the guy, he would have to face Sir Crono.

There is no Marle Paradox, Sir Crono just wanted her back, the Entity didn't dare cross him.

When Sir Crono cries, he cries Dragon Tears, too bad Sir Crono never cries

The original ending of CT was the "The Dream Project" ending, because Sir Crono can defeat Lavos with just one hit. SE added the other endings because they feared Sir Crono's real power was too much for the players to handle.

Sir Crono is the reason the Dead Sea is now Dead.

The El Nido Triangle was originally called El Nido Square until Sir Crono showed up and destroyed one of the islands as a katana practice.

Sir Crono is actually the real Arbiter. Lynx stole Serge's body just because he didn't dare to steal Sir Crono's.

The reason the telepod failed and created a gate was not because of Marle's pendant. After teleporting Sir Crono, his awesome power reacted with the telepod and broke reality.

The reason Lavos burrowed deep underneath the Earth for thousand of years was because it was hiding from Sir Crono. Too bad for Lavos no one can hide from him.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:42:07 am by Licawolf »

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 02:19:24 am »
What is time travel about? Sir Crono's name explains it.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 06:18:38 am »
A slightly more ridiculous (hopefully humorous) take:

Crono makes Carrot Top reconsider his life choices.

Even his cat scares Ozzie.

He was killed, resurrected, empowered, and took down an evil force. Sound familiar? Except Crono was 16 when he did it. He didn't have a dad either.

That guy never washed his hair. Stuck in all crazy directions. Whooooooo did he smell!

Crono doesn't hang out with normal dudes. It's either robots, demons, talking animals, or ladies.

Crono's girl is mad fine! I'd like to ta-are you recording this?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:28:51 am by Mr Bekkler »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 08:22:13 am »
I forgot where I got Sir Crono from specifically, I think either FaustWolf, Thought or Boo coined it, but it occurred to me for the Middle Ages folks Crono wasn't native, and was yet regarded highly in Guardia. If he was a great warrior, capable of doing things even The Hero of Choras couldn't do, then despite his knightless name they'd still prefer to call him Sir Crono in all honor; as if the holy knight descended from heaven, someone superior to most.

Quote from: Licawolf
The reason Lavos burrowed deep underneath the Earth for thousand of years was because it was hiding from Sir Crono. Too bad for Lavos no one can hide from him.
Man, this cracked me up!  :lol: Imagine Lavos burying underground and not showing his face in fear Crono would show up. He'd wait 999 years since Crono's birth, hoping the brat would die by then.

Then Lavos would poke his head out like a gopher, look around and ask, "Is he gone? Yeah? Alright then. APOCALYPSEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Crono appears, "This is the last straw, Lavos!"

LavosL "Ahhh........ fuck."

LUMINAIRE!!

Crono doesn't hang out with normal dudes. It's either robots, demons, talking animals, or ladies.
I loved that! XD

Here's some:

Sir Crono ordered Ice Cream at a Jerky store. And got one.

Sir Crono had the Last Supper at Zeal with its folks, because he knew what the Prophet did not: that supper was really Zeal's last.

On the way through Death Peak to retrieve Sir Crono there were lots of Lavos' spawns. When Sir Crono was among them on the way down, none of the spawns was left.

Sir Crono was so badass his father gave him a Katana in his tenth birthday... before he fled the house in horror.

it is known that when Sir Crono became King, he shaved began shaving his beard with his Katana.

Guardia's Royal Seal is a Dactyl design, because the founding forefathers witnessed Sir Crono's majestic flight on a Dactyl. Sir Crono declined having his own name as the seal, as he said, "Dactyl's are awesome!"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:28:00 am by tushantin »

Licawolf

• tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 11:45:55 am »

Sir Crono was born knighted.  :P

Sir Crono is the seventh element, the Crono Cross only summons him into the battle. You win instantly.

The original Bible was entitled "Sir Crono and Friends".

Sir Crono never talks because that would kill everyone around him instantly with the badass power of his voice.

Sir Crono won THE GAME. THE GAME loses when it thinks of Sir Crono.

And this one, just because I can use some coffee right now:

There are now five cup sizes at Starbucks: Short, Tall, Grande, Venti, and Sir Crono.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 12:02:49 pm by Licawolf »

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 03:26:21 pm »
Sir Crono was conceived when Gina had a one-night-stand with Lavos after getting drunk on a can of whoopass.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 12:38:03 am »
When the Pyramid Seal Nu offered Sir Crono the two chests and asked him to choose, Sir Crono took a third option and grabbed them both.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 06:28:23 am »
And now, for a haiku!
Sir Crono saw therein
Black Omens rise almighty, and
Conquered by his blade.