Author Topic: Remixer Re-discovered at Long Last : )  (Read 1904 times)

Saikoujin

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Remixer Re-discovered at Long Last : )
« on: January 24, 2011, 01:12:37 am »
Good news everyone!  Although I might be forum shy, I was able to track down a remix under the Compendium's 'Unknown Remixes' listing.  It's a real gem too- it's the 'Zeal' remix, which was apparently found at Zophar's site and listed here.  I've been trying to hunt down this wonderful (and quite rare) rendition of Corridors of Time for almost 10 years after an unfortunate hard drive wipe.  The remix belongs to a guy named Byron Long, who went by the alias 'NuXion.'  I can confirm this is correct, as he originally had an account on the ye olde mp3.com (circa 2000-2001), and that is where I had originally obtained the remix.  After the old mp3.com went bust, his account vanished, and I tried in vain over the years to re-acquire the remix.  In fact, I had all but forgotten about it until I had stubbled across it (mislabeled) in your archive.  Luckily I remembered the guy's name.  Did a Google search, and as chance would have it a YouTube user put up a tribute using the remix about 7 months ago.

You can visit the page here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0ZdH7ZX6HU

The YouTube user's comments match my own recollection of this remix.  And if my memory serves me correctly, the title of the remix is indeed what the YouTube user has it shown as ('Chrono Trigger - Kingdom of Zeal Remix').  From searches over the years, I don't believe that this Byron Long/NuXion guy is part of the remix community any longer, so it may be in the Compendium's interest to contact the YouTube user for the actual sound file for posterity.  From what I can tell, it sounds of the same quality as the copy that was obtained from Zophar.  However, the Zophar copy is clipped at the end.  The actual length is 3:48, per the YouTube recording.

I might sound a little excited, which I am.  For me (and it seems other people, too), this was one of the best remixes of 'Corridors of Time' back then, and is still a beautiful rendition.  I'm glad that after so long it can finally be rightfully tagged.  It's going back in my music library!

-Saik

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Remixer Re-discovered at Long Last : )
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 01:16:00 am »
AWESOME! Thanks, Saik! And welcome to the Compendium!

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 08:59:31 pm »
This is a great find.  Thank you so much!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 10:48:05 am »
Hmm, a quick search for Byron Long brings me to a wiki page of an Adult Actor. But searching deeper (with my nerves of steel), I found this:
http://www.myspace.com/nuxion

Is this him?

Saikoujin

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 10:00:19 am »
There wouldn't be any reason to believe it's not his Myspace page, although I don't find any evidence that he features this particular remix there.  And yea, 'Byron Long' is also the name of a certain Adult actor... you just have to get past the grit when searching. : )  It looks like this guy uses his real name and alias interchangeably with his freelance works.