Author Topic: Chrono Movies: Fleabane Trilogy  (Read 21039 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Chrono Movies: Fleabane Trilogy
« on: December 03, 2009, 05:35:53 am »
By Benevolence Productions.

Download: Alpha build - 14th May, 2011 (Windows, Mac and Linux)

Disclaimer: Firstly, no, it is NOT a Flash movie and will NOT use sprites. The movie is high quality film specially for Youtube and (if possible) Newgrounds. Secondly, I do not own Chrono series, although 95% of the characters in the FIRST MOVIE are original creation. I will not use copyrighted resources other than actual Chrono references such as "Kingdom of Guardia", "Acacian Empire", etc. as everything, ranging from the character design to plot is original. The soundtracks will be from Chrono Symphonic and others from OCRemix.

Nevertheless, this Trilogy is a fan-fiction based on and inspired by, as well as a tribute to, Chrono Trigger and Crimson Echoes. Regardless, one DOES NOT need knowledge of CT or CE in order to enjoy the movie. This project is an Open Movie category. I do not claim copyright of anything Chrono and will not make any commercial use of the movie.

FAQ

What is the trilogy about?

The trilogy is a three movie series based on the origins of Flea and Janus before the Mystic Wars, and after Cedric Guardia's conquest of the Zenan continents. It'll be a 2D anime-ish medieval themed one.

What is the first movie about?

The first movie is merely a prologue to the latter two movies and may also serve as a standalone movie for its Epic-ness. It is about Cedric Guardia's conquest and the rebellions who declared war for freedom.

What would be the length of the movie? How long would it take to complete it?

Initially I supposed to make it 10 minutes long, but since the script needs to apply details properly, it may even go up to 30 minutes long. But assuming 5 minute footage may take a month to finish, the entire movie may take up to 5 or 6 months, hopefully. Perhaps even longer.

What is the purpose behind this movie?

1) To make another entry in the "very rare" high quality community driven fan movies, specially for the Chrono series.
2) As a fanfiction AND legal tribute to the Chrono series, as well as memorable fan-fiction Crimson Echoes.
3) As my portfolio in animation field of career.

What about my other project RDFZ?

That is also going full speed ahead! I'll be focusing on both for the reasons of my portfolio. RDFZ also proves to be modeling/animation exercise, which is important for further study of game designing.

Positions available/taken

What I'll be doing?

I'm currently backed by a couple of people who would be reviewing my script. So I'll be doing:

1) Concept arts
2) Animation
3) Special Effects and composition
4) Story boarding
5) Scripts (completed)
6) Some voice acting

What/who do I need?

I do not really need anyone for animation or arts/software based help, but even so any help in that field is welcome. But what I REALLY need is voice actors: both male and female.

List of available voice actors and dialogs for the audition:

The Auditions are open, although aren't necessary from May 2011 onwards. Click here for the dialogues try-out!

I need support, people!  :D Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:55:32 pm by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Chrono Movies: Medievel themed Trilogy
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 09:14:52 am »
Special Thanks to

ZeaLity, Agent12 and Crono'99 for Crimson Echoes - revealing Guardian and Porre relations at 1AD timeline, and also for Cedric Guardia.

Current Positions

Storyboarding:

tushantin
Alcyone

Voice Actors:

Falco: Yourgingerestfan

Gladus: Teaflower

Levant: Open (or perhaps me)

Cedric: Dapifer

Ulfus: jrobot

Milly / Young Lilith: Inwe Elanesse

King Guardia VII: Truthordeal

Matilda / Most other Misc females: Teaflower

Anteus / Most other Misc males: Fabledeffect

Elders / Most other Misc males: Dapifer, Fabledeffect

For list of dialogues for auditions, find the attachment in this post.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:36:02 pm by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 09:17:53 am »
Fleabane: Moonlight Reckoning

Synopsis

For more details, read here.
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,8278.msg188122.html#msg188122

Ever since 1AD after the fading of the Ice Age, Cedric Guardia acquired an ancient artefact that can grant him his dreams, and he dreamt to save the world from wars by uniting it under one rule. But the prices were high, and this granted no freedom to an individual. And for nearly two hundred years the rebellion have failed to break the chains of their fate.

Then at around 200AG, the Morning Star of Porre and the Heir of Choras together form an alliance to challenge the might of the immortal king, and a battle of will against sheer power commences as Falco dabbles into the secrets of the Black Arts. But he must choose between victory and providence of those he fights for.

The first movie is a standalone story based on Crimson Echoes, giving a climax of Cedric's rule over the major continents. It also serves as a prologue for the actual stories for the next two films which describe the origins of Flea and Janus.

[Reserved]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 04:06:23 am by tushantin »

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 12:07:28 pm »
How would you like for us to audition? Youtube video response, emailing an audition line? I'm no Tomamoto, but I'm sure I can find a voice that's suited for a role.

Besides, I am a generic male, so, I can do at least one generic male voice.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 12:14:23 pm »
Yeah, no problem! Give it a go on any dialogs you choose. It's the emotion, quality, effort and skill that matters. And everyone's welcome. ^^

You can record your clips in Audacity and mail, post or PM me the MP3, which would be easier I suppose. Compendium's attachment supports RAR and ZIP, so no problemo.  8)

Yourgingerestfan

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 06:19:54 pm »
Oh you already have me down for falco  :oops:
Haha Ill have to send something newer soon

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 06:41:18 pm »
Shit, I need a microphone! Once I get my hands on a decent one, I'll be sure to somehow send you auditions for all the leftover male voices. Good luck with everything.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Chrono Movies: Fleabane Trilogy
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 12:45:31 am »
Haha don't worry about the leftovers, Mav, just do your best. The auditions are held to see the quality of the voice and acting, so I can find a suitable role for you all.

UPDATE! I've entered the synopsis of the story for all those who are curious.
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,8278.msg184983.html#msg184983

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 05:03:57 am »
I know it's a little late, but...  :lol:

Belated Merry Christmas to everyone!
From yer lovely Benevolence Group~ Here's a present. Elven Flea of Fleabane Trilogy! xD

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 11:49:39 pm »
Any other voice work available?

And also, if any of your voice actors have newgrounds accounts, it would be wise to put them in the co-author, if you do release it on newgrounds.

Truthordeal

• View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 12:20:11 am »
Ah, hell!

Sorry Tushantin. I meant to try out for this weeks ago, but a few other roles and the holidays got in the way. If there are any roles still open, I'll get a dialog done ASAP.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 01:01:32 am »
Yes, it's still available!  :D And for those who wanna try it out I'd recommend em to get Audacity for recording; only 2 MB. At the moment the highest priority is the voice for Levant, Goddess and Cedric. The first scene will take place with Levant conversing with the Goddess. Levant is only a 14 year old Mystic, by the way.

Ah, thanks for the note, neo-fusion! Do remind me again once Ep1 is complete. Ah, does anyone know how to upload over 10 mins of video on Youtube without the need of a Director's account?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 01:20:47 am »
Cut the video into two parts. Unfortunetly, that's the only option without a Director's Account.

Unless, does it happens to be between 10 and 11 minutes? The actual limit is 11 minutes so if it's under you can upload it as it is.

Truthordeal

• View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 01:45:48 am »
You can also upload the actual video itself to another site(blip and Myspace, preferably)who have no time limits and post a notice video to Youtube. Its a stratagem that I've had to deal with recently.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 03:06:14 am »
11 minutes, eh? Ah, no matter. The movie could be divided into two or three parts then. The complete ones would be uploaded to Newgrounds and DeviantArt. Download for DVD quality will also be available. Thanks, guys.

I'm looking forward to the voices! Now that I'm using open source for the movie all I need to figure out is how to update all my Karmic Koala repositories offline. x_x