Author Topic: Hot Lead (short Lucca fanfic)  (Read 1388 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Hot Lead (short Lucca fanfic)
« on: August 09, 2009, 08:34:48 am »
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARXdZ7armV6YZGM5aGN4cXFfMWNiOWQyY2N6&hl=en

EDIT: This is done now! WHEEEEEEEEEEEE~!!

I started this wanting to make a really rough, knock-down, drag-out sort of action-packed story (something really dark and sort of noirish, drawing inspiration from Flash Of Green's awesome Lucca fanart *WHICH TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIND, BTW*) about Lucca busting Crono out of jail...and while the main setting is still sort of revolving around that same time, while I was writing I decided to take a different path and am gonna tell about Lucca & Crono's first meeting instead (I couldn't give up that title though)...Anyways, it's almost done, really (I don't plan on following her throughout the raid on the jail or anything, maybe some other time), but I thought I'd share what I had so far as a little kind of "Welcome back, Compendium!" sorta thing, hope you enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:40:41 am by V_Translanka »

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Lead (short Lucca fanfic WIP)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 02:41:48 am »

Lucca has a last name?   :?

Highly unusual.  It wouldn't affect my overall impression of your short story, though.

Great effort overall.  Her first invention?  An interesting character study.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 03:36:38 am »
Lucca has a last name?   :?

You gotta play yourself some Chrono Cross, buddy.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 03:52:21 am »
Googledocs are grand, aren't they? :kz

Awww, I feel so sorry for Lucca not being born in an age of contact lenses after reflecting on the last paragraph. I think it's cool how you wrote this:

she sniped a <bird> from its weary perch in the trees

...Just sort of tossing in a generic sounding noun for the time being and moving on. There was a point in time when I was actually afraid to do this in my writing for some weird reason, like I needed the process to be completely linear. It's not often the audience gets to see a work take shape before their very eyes, yet it can be a hugely awesome learning experience for new writers, and it's always interesting to see what other writers are doing as part of their creative process. Thanks for sharing this.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 05:37:26 am »
I actually had to do that since the Compendium was down at the time so I couldn't look through to see what those blue bell birds (Blue Eaglets/Cockadoodles) were called! :lol: & yeah, I'm really enjoying Google docs, myself (were you the one complaining about Word in the Frustration thread, FW? I totally meant to mention Google docs when I saw that if you are because I totally agreed)...

Anyways, it's done now I guess, so I hope peeps enjoy the finished product. Yeah, I have Crono speak, but I really like the line & even though its really kind of simple, it kind of helps define how I see his personality. The only thing I don't like about this fic is how much the flashback reminds me of Glenn's flashback with Cyrus...But I'll just say that's on purpose...! Yeah! :P

Er, guess I should move this to the submission section & take the 'WIP' out of the title...?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:44:52 am by V_Translanka »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Lead (short Lucca fanfic)
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 07:01:39 pm »
she sniped a <bird> from its weary perch in the trees
                                             V
she sniped a blue cockadoodle bird from its weary perch in the trees

That might just get the award for "best descriptive transition" for 2009. I was expecting "Bellbird" or maybe "Blue Eaglet," but I could not possibly fathom a mighty blue cockadoodle. Was that in CT:DS and I didn't know it? Or is this -gasp- a non canonical Chrono bird?

I think it was Thought who expressed grief over Word docs. He, too, shall learn to love the Googledoc.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 07:15:43 pm »
Well, Cockadoodle is the Blue Eaglet's Japanese name.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 08:55:31 pm »
Yeah, whenever possible I try to sneak in the original names that people might not be as familiar with...Shit, I should have done that for 'kilwala'...wtf were they called...*searches* lol...'mamo', where do they come up with this stuff? Okay, NOW it's done...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 09:04:25 pm by V_Translanka »