Author Topic: "Crimson Echoes: The Month that Could Have Been" starts NOW!  (Read 23362 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
We are aware that there is a purported leak of the 98% beta of Crimson Echoes, and have started "The Month That Could Have Been" a day early to utterly crush that rumor. The "leak" apparently made it out of the beta testing pool in early February, before beta testing had even really begun. Thus it is nothing more than an alpha fraught with over 2000 bugs and furthermore lacks most of the new techs, portraits, and even the endings, which hadn't been coded yet. If you are one of the unlucky fans who've been jipped into believing that you have a real beta of Crimson Echoes, you will be sorely disappointed when you see the footage of the real 98% beta below.

The Compendium is making a good faith effort to have all torrents and uploads of this alpha removed in compliance with Square Enix's Cease and Desist order.

Throughout the month of June, keep an eye on the Compendium news page or subscribe to the CEMemorial Youtube account to watch a playthrough of the 98% beta. The first three videos are linked below:

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

Rest assured that any other Youtube videos you're seeing are not leaks of the 98% beta, but rather the obsolete alpha that must have leaked well before the C&D even arrived at the Compendium's doorstep. Keep an eye on the CEMemorial Youtube account throughout the month of June to see a full playthrough of the 98% beta! Try watching it anywhere else, and you're just gettin' jipped.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 08:26:27 pm by Chrono'99 »

Happy-Dude

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: "Crimson Echoes: The Month that Could Have Been" starts NOW!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 02:10:51 pm »
Thanks for the update, Faust.

Good to know that the leak isn't legit (you should tell RomHacking forums that too).

And truly nice work with the vids. All of us are watching in awe (and in pain, but that can be ignored.... though SE really shouldn't [>.<]) ...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 02:13:16 pm »
The ROMhacking.net admins already locked the threads, so now the last word over there is people are going to think it was a legit leak. *sigh* We started "The Month That Could Have Been" a day early to prove that it wasn't a leak of the 98% beta.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 02:16:46 pm »
I forgot where exactly, but the was a thread at OCRemix and elsewhere too about the "doubts" of CE and ZeaLity, etc.

But regardless, I wouldn't give a rat's behind on what they think.  :D Keep uploadin the videos, coz we know we're fair!  :lee:

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 02:20:36 pm »
I forgot where exactly, but the was a thread at OCRemix and elsewhere too about the "doubts" of CE and ZeaLity, etc.

Yeah, I've seen it. I'm actually waiting for the CEMemorial YouTube account to release a few more videos before I post a note on that thread. One of the posters wants these videos to be a "100% full on plot and encounters and dialog intact telling a straight forward linear story with minimal video editting". That's exactly what the videos will be. Can't wait to hear what he'll say in a few days.

Geowil

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 02:32:19 pm »
awesome Faust.  I am also favoriting them as I watch, since I run a gaming network I have some vids up on youtube for my games so when people view my prof, they should also see these.

but I am slightly amazed that up to where Magus enters Dalton's lab is 30 minutes O.o seemed faster on the demo (even with the quests) lol.

oh and +1 to the CE team for a speaking Chrono, they finally re-implanted his tongue <.<
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 02:34:31 pm by Geowil »

Happy-Dude

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 02:34:42 pm »
Hey Faust, could you do some video responses to the vids linking us to them (and in comments section) so we can go from vid to vid more easily?

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 02:35:21 pm »
Can't wait to hear what he'll say in a few days.
Maybe he'll just switch his attack and claim the C&D a publicity stunt like other people have in the past.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 02:44:28 pm by Vehek »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 02:40:45 pm »
Fantastic suggestion Happy Dude, I'll work on that.

Geowil, thanks for favoriting. It'd be great to maximize the viewership, if only to prove that the leak is an obsolete beta (practically an alpha).

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 02:42:47 pm »
I've subscribed to CEMemorial and rated all videos with 5 stars, because they deserved that.

Awesome work, you guys. Awesome work.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 02:48:35 pm »
For those who don't have Youtube accounts (and thus can't subscribe to CEMemorial), Agent 12, Chrono'99, ZeaLitY, or myself will update the first post with new video links daily from now on I guess. Two to three vids should go up per day, at the discretion of the core CE team.

Geowil

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 02:51:20 pm »
Fantastic suggestion Happy Dude, I'll work on that.

Geowil, thanks for favoriting. It'd be great to maximize the viewership, if only to prove that the leak is an obsolete beta (practically an alpha).

oh, disreguard my Pm then xD

blarg

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 03:12:19 pm »
How come nobody seems worried Square Enix will sue for the leak. Even though it is only 80-90% or whatever instead of 98% done it still violates their copywrite and the C&D to destroy all data right? I don't think they will sue but I thought others were worried about this and how an anonymous leak would be horrible and destroy their lives.

awesome videos I'll watch them every day :D

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 03:16:05 pm »
In the CE team's defense, this leak made it out of the beta testing pool well before the C&D occurred. Probably before February 19 judging from circumstantial evidence. That's beyond the CE team's control now, but as long as the real 98% beta that existed on May 8 didn't leak, it should blow over. The CE team did everything in its power to make sure that all known copies were destroyed, and that good faith effort at full compliance should be enough hopefully.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 03:17:44 pm by FaustWolf »

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 03:20:54 pm »
Waking up on the morning turn out to be usual Chrono cliche' lol

Faust, if you want to maximize the viewership, we could digg it, I could help by favourited and playlist'd the video on my channel, but we need more influential people  :(

Good to hear that the video is safe from SE. Update more if have a time.