Author Topic: On the subject of Nu...  (Read 5433 times)

Radox Redux

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: On the subject of Nu...
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 09:49:27 pm »
The Red Rock (Not the dreamstone) that powers the Mammon Machine is the Frozen Flame, part of Lavos' shell, that was discovered in 3,000,000 B.C.

Wait, could you clarify that?  I thought the Red Rock was Dreamstone.  I can understand how the Mammon Machine could be a device made of Dreamstone with the Frozen Flame as its power source, but I never thought the Frozen Flame itself was the Red Rock.  Didn't Masa/Gran state that Schala's pendant and the Masamune/Granleon was made of the same red rock as the Mammon Machine?  Wasn't Chrono's group able to get some of the same red rock to repair the Masamune before Lavos fell, and thus before the Frozen Flame?

Some people think the red rock is the Frozen Flame. Others don't. Possibly due to allusions in Radical Dreamers that point towards the Frozen Flame being a Zealian power source in that continuity.

jihnsius

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 10:35:02 pm »
Isn't there a theory that states that the wise men and the Nu are the physical connection to the planet's dream, and that their actions are all scripted perfectly so that they never interfere with time travel directly (other than the pendant left behind at the Millenial Fair) and let others carry out the work?

Kyoji

• Earthbound (+15)
  • DNA > Cheesekcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 11:44:31 pm »
The Red Rock (Not the dreamstone) that powers the Mammon Machine is the Frozen Flame, part of Lavos' shell, that was discovered in 3,000,000 B.C.

Wait, could you clarify that?  I thought the Red Rock was Dreamstone.  I can understand how the Mammon Machine could be a device made of Dreamstone with the Frozen Flame as its power source, but I never thought the Frozen Flame itself was the Red Rock.  Didn't Masa/Gran state that Schala's pendant and the Masamune/Granleon was made of the same red rock as the Mammon Machine?  Wasn't Chrono's group able to get some of the same red rock to repair the Masamune before Lavos fell, and thus before the Frozen Flame?

I think you missunderstood me. I was birefly explaining that the Frozen Flame, which came from Lavos' shell and also powered the Mammon Machine and also gave humans the advanced brain developement, is not the same as the red rock from 65,000,000 B.C.. See this article for clarfication: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Dreamstone.html. I was simply stating which red rock I was referring to, which was in this case the Frozen Flame and not the Dreamstone. You are right in stating that it was dreamstone that was used to repair the Masamune as well as being used to create Schala's (later on Marle's Pendant). It is due to the dreamstone's mystical properties to work as a conductor of Lavos energy that make it very similar to the Frozen Flame itself.

That aside, sorry, you are quite correct. Perhaps my original statement was worded in a confusing way.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 03:44:19 am »
CC clarifies enough that the Red Rock is indeed the Frozen Flame.
Dreamstone and the Red Rock of 3,000,000BC are not the same.

We do not have enough evidence to state that the Red Rock is similar, or even a counter to the Frozen Flame. All we know is that it is a mineral that can absorb energy. Anything else is speculation, and don't simply assume that because the Masamune channels spiritual energy means that the Dreamstone is doing it. Remember, Masa and Mune are imbeded in that sword, they're most likely doing that job. Same thing with the Mammon Machine. It was made out of Dreamstone in order to absorb the energy, and designed to release and amplify it out, which doesn't have to be a quality of Dreamstone at all.

Kyoji

• Earthbound (+15)
  • DNA > Cheesekcake
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 10:39:18 am »
Yes, I realize that the red rock of 3,000,000 B.C. is the Frozen Flame. I said "The Red Rock (not the dreamstone) that..." just incase someone misunderstood and though I was meaning the dreamstone, considering the dreamstone is also literally a 'red rock'.

Mr. Molecule

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 07:00:28 am »
I agree with Radox Redux on the issue of Nus being in some way closely associated with the Entity. For one, I always interpreted the scene in Zeal where the inventor of Tabs tells you his Nu assisstant has been stealing tabs and hiding them to mean that all the tabs you found in the game were hidden by that Nu. Which of course implies the ability to time travel, which implies a closeness to the Entity.

Am I crazy? Did anyone else interpret that scene that way? I know it's a stretch...

Kanadyets

• Guardian (+100)
  • Need you not a swordsman?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 07:05:56 am »

While I am prepared to accept an association between Nu and the Entity (even though I thought my theory was spot on...lousy counter-arguments), I didn't get the feeling that the Nu were responsible for all the tabs.  The kingdom in which they were developed crashed into the planet, and I figured that they would simply have wound up being dispersed, one way or another, through natural processes.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 07:41:53 pm »
Quote from: uncyclopedia
Nu
The Nu were the results of experiments gone bad. The mad scientist, the guru of reason....or whichever one it was, i forgot...anyway, the guru was very lonely in the palace of Enhasa, so he decided to make some friends. After years of hard work and research he finally began the process of creating a new life. His budget came from the taxpayers, but they didn't even realize because they were always pleasuring themselves so they had no time to pay any attention to anything. His real motive was to make sex slaves that would do anything that he commanded them to do. Unfortunately, he was successful, but they multiplied and were scattered all over time. These creatures came to be known as Nu. The only use for them is to get a lot of tech points and you can also steal Mops from them, which are actually swords, so I guess whoever did all the pixels and stuff didn't feel like taking the time to make an actual mop.
That really explanes every thing.

alpha

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 03:48:42 pm »
Perhaps Lucca might have been able to make something out of it, but given the nature of her efforts and current grasp of matters scientific, I think Belthasar's abilities are somewhat beyond her scope.
You forget that all three gurus used a combination of magic and science. The "Incomplete" Time egg in kids posession is because lucca did not have the magical capability that the gurus had.

CC clarifies enough that the Red Rock is indeed the Frozen Flame.

When?