Author Topic: Planet image from end of Cross...  (Read 10346 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Planet image from end of Cross...
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2006, 07:50:48 pm »
Well, I guess that sort of makes sense. They did the same with Chrono Trigger, so it might have been easier than drawing a planet. But then again, making a simple planet outline isn't that tough, and there are *some* deviations...I guess we should add this to the Masato Kato questions.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Planet image from end of Cross...
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2007, 03:04:47 pm »
Finally ripped the mode 7 stuff from the CT Epoch ending. I used some program called vSnes... and the result is nothing spectacular. Two textures are used during the ending. The first one depicts the Zenan continent; it's a little different from how the continent normally appears (Denadoro Mts is more central, Zenan Bridge is shorter, etc.), but there's nothing really significant. The southern part of the continent is not even actually seen ingame, you only see Truce.

The second one is, as expected, just some random texture repeated in mosaic (if you look very carefully during the ending, you can see that the repeated part is actually very small and you can keep spoting the same lake over and over).

I've attached the two pictures as well as two versions with gamma corrections.

Overall, no interesting info can be gathered from this. I therefore officially declare this topic the most disappointing one in the entire forum :(

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 03:06:48 pm by Chrono'99 »